It’s been a long journey that’s taken patience and perseverance but we’re elated to announce that sports are returning to PCCA.
Before unpacking the details, we want to officially honor and acknowledge the utmost professionalism and prudence conducted by our board of directors; they have laboriously sought to ensure the utmost safety for all scholars, faculty and staff and again, we sincerely thank them for their leadership and guidance.
We also want to fully underscore that any and all sporting activities at PCCA will be governed with complete adherence to local and state-level established COVID-19 safety protocols. These include but are not limited to: pre-event sanitations, screenings, equipment management, locker room limitations, fixed seating capacities, etc. As specific events and schedules unfold, naturally, more information will follow.
Winter Sports: Patriot Athletics
We are proceeding with the following winter sports:
• High School Men’s basketball: Official tryouts will occur on November 2nd (both genders invited). All athletes 7th grade and up interested in trying out may attend. Pre-season open gyms and conditioning plans will also be established. More information on this to come in the days ahead.
• Junior Varsity Men’s soccer: Official tryouts will occur on October 19th (both genders invited). All athletes 7th grade and up interested in trying out may attend. Pre-season conditioning plans will also be established. More information on this to come in the days ahead.
• Middle School co-ed soccer: Official tryouts will occur the first week after the holiday break. All 7th and 8th grade scholars – provided they did not play on the Junior Varsity team – are invited. Pre-season conditioning plans will also be established. More information on this to come in the weeks ahead.
In an abundance of caution, we have decided to forego Middle School basketball at this time. Again, middle school scholars are invited to try out for the high school basketball program.
In order to attend and participate in pre-season conditioning, open gyms or roster tryouts, all scholar-athletes must have completed and submitted all of the following:
1. FHSAA’s EL2 (A healthcare professional administered Pre-participation Physical Evaluation)
2. FHSAA’s EL3 (Consent and Release from Liability Certificate)
3. BPS mandated EKG clearance form
4. BPS mandated COVID-19 waiver
These documents must be printed and physically handed in at the Junior / Senior front office. (just click the forms tab above)
All scholar-athletes are also bound by PCCA’s academic and behavioral policies. Policies can be found within the PCCA Student Handbook.
Virtual Scholar participation:
Virtual scholars are invited to fully participate in all Winter sport opportunities.